Sunday, June 12, 2011

NO ONE Puts Baby in a Closet!


I'm in Savannah having a nice time with my girl, my love. I've spent the last few hours putting a loft bed together for her. She's moving into a house this summer for school. I signed a year lease, so she's here for a while.

Her first year wasn't the best...she came home after one sememster and all the motherly "advice" couldn't persuade her to continue college. She had to learn it herself. She had to realize that she was in a great school and learning SO MUCH.


So here we are, back in Savannah and back at SCAD. She's in a really cute house with 2 adorable roommates. Her room though is seriously the size of Harry Potter's room under the stairs. It's about the size of my CLOSET at home. I'm not happy and NO ONE puts my baby in a closet! So Mama Bear is here and she's kicking some unfair bullshit ass! Her room is so small her full bed is the ONLY thing that will fit in there. So we drove 4 hours to Atlanta to Ikea and I bought her a loft bed (full size/my baby will not be in a twin sized bed either). That way she can at least fit her drafting table under her bed! Her new mattress is being delivered tomorrow and I am going to rock this closet/room out! It will be the prettiest closet anyone has ever lived in!

She is working today at Urban Outfitters so I'm working on the bed. I'm almost done, but I had to take a little break before picking her up. The reality of what I'm doing and why I'm here is just now setting in and no amount of Michelob Ultra or chocolate is helping to dull this horrible pain in my heart. I want to rip this f'n loft bed apart, throw it away, lock up this house, grab my girl and head back home, to Naples, her HOME. I HATE THIS, hate it, hate it, hate it! She is serioulsy living in crackville and is happy about it. Am I really going to leave my girl here, alone, 4 days from now. I don't know if I can. I know I should, I have to, but I seriously don't want to....and my home, well it's just not home without her there.


I'm going to focus on making this new home of hers, in the middle of crackville, the safest, cutest house ever. We're going antique and consignment shopping tomorrow and I will make this house her dream home and her closet...it will be the best f'n closet/bedroom EVER!!! WHY? Cause I love her so damn much! All you homeless people who keep walking by here and all you crackheads.....watch out! Mama Bear's in town and I bought 2 new bolt locks today and I'm fixing her fence tomorrow. So there!



Crack house right across the street-from the front of the house




Crack House across the street-to the left of the house.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

laura, xoxo
i'm sorry you are hurting. i can't imagine it myself, but i know it's what we have to do...let go when they are ready to fly and conquer the world. you are doing it well. what a good mama to put the fear of god in the crackheads across the street;)
xo

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones